Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
Joyzride collects Personal Data, either directly from you or from your authorized representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorized, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorized representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties, or from publicly available sources or through our mobile app platform or website in the following ways:
- when you submit a form for registering as a customer on our website or any other forms relating to any of our Products and Services
- when you interact with our customer service team, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service team
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Products and Services you have requested.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Joyzride collects, may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- administrative and business operations of Joyzride and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving Joyzride or any of its related corporations;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- organizing promotional events;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- compliance with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Joyzride (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Where permitted under the Act:
Joyzride may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following "Additional Purposes":
- analytics and tracking,
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing program in relation to Joyzride’s Products and Services, and to improve our service delivery and your customer experience at our touch points;
- providing additional Products and Services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward program from Joyzride;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of Products and Services by Joyzride;
- leads generation and management for marketing Joyzride’s Products and Services;
- administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalizing your experience at Joyzride’s touch points;
- communicating to you advertisements involving details of our Products and Services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to up selling, cross selling and online marketing);
- organizing promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for Joyzride’s Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Joyzride.
If you have provided your telephone numbers, Joyzride may contact you using such telephone numbers (including via voice calls, sms, fax or other means) with information about our Products and Services or those products and services offered by our preferred partners (including discounts, flash sales and special offers).
In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
When you shop on Joyzride’s mobile app platform or website, we may send you promotional/marketing material via email. Should you wish to withdraw your consent, you may update your consent on the the website or via the unsubscribe link in the promotional emails.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials through a specific mode, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the Products and Services that you have purchased with Joyzride.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Joyzride will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Joyzride’s related corporations and employees to provide content, Products and Services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your customer accounts, subscription and billing or order arrangements with us as well as our Products and Services, to activate, deactivate, install, maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to Joyzride;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Joyzride, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call center, security or other services to Joyzride;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Joyzride or its preferred partners;
- commercial shops and retailers in relation to providing rewards and benefits;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Companies;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- enabling certain features and functions on our websites and mobile apps, eg. remembering your user-id, browsing and other service preferences
- building up a profile of how you and other users use the website and mobile apps
- improving the efficiency of our website and mobile apps
- administering services to you and to advertisers; and
- establishing usage statistics
Most internet browsers and application settings provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies (please see the "help" section of your browser or mobile device, as applicable), but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website or mobile app and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Advertisements on the Joyzride website and/or mobile apps may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. Joyzride does not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact Joyzride and we will try our best to assist by providing you information about these third party advertising agencies.
Joyzride is not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to the Joyzride website.
As part of the above, Joyzride may use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including but not restricted to the following: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Joyzride also uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online; third-party vendors, including Google, may show Joyzride ads on sites across the Internet. Joyzride and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to Joyzride, as well as report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to Joyzride.
When you log on to the Joyzride website, Joyzride with the help of Google Analytics may use your browsing behavior to connect it with any other data that has previously been provided by you, in accordance with this Personal Data Protection Policy.
This Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Malaysia.
Last Updated: 3 May 2019